HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: backup and restoration of 3PAR configuration
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:40 am 

Dear 3Par Folks,

I am trying to find a backup and restoration procedure of InServ configuration.

Let’s say, there is an InServ crash, the data has to be restored from an external source, but how about the InServ configuration itself?

Is there any way to easily backup the configuration (IDs, CPGs, hosts, license, whatever) in other to restore it later quickly?

I’ve found that one forum member mentioned that InSplore logs could be potentially used for restoration purposes as they contain the configuration information, but I wonder whether there is a better way to do it?

I am unable to find any configuration backup/restoration option in SPOCC either.

Thanks for your hints,

Miko

Post subject: Re: backup and restoration of 3PAR configuration
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:51 pm 

MikoM wrote:
Dear 3Par Folks,

I am trying to find a backup and restoration procedure of InServ configuration.

Let’s say, there is an InServ crash, the data has to be restored from an external source, but how about the InServ configuration itself?

Is there any way to easily backup the configuration (IDs, CPGs, hosts, license, whatever) in other to restore it later quickly?

I’ve found that one forum member mentioned that InSplore logs could be potentially used for restoration purposes as they contain the configuration information, but I wonder whether there is a better way to do it?

I am unable to find any configuration backup/restoration option in SPOCC either.

Thanks for your hints,

Miko

There really isnt any other way.. the Insplore logs are going to be your best bet to keep up with that sort of stuff(license files, settings, etc)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

Seems like a fairly easy opportunity for an independnent developer, or HP, to build a program or script that read-only queries a 3PAR system ... and generates a txt file output of all the Inserv commands required to re-build that configuration on a new system.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:24 pm 

Ok, I see.
Thanks Guys!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:11 am 

This actually part of R3T, it takes the dial home data and generates a rebuild script, unfortunately R3T is not directly available to end users at this time but you could push your HP presales / partner for the script if required. But as Richard said above should also be a pretty simple project you just need to filter the output from a bunch of show commands.