HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official SSMC Customer Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:28 am 

My Feedback on SSMC:

Kindly correct me if you thing this statements are not right.

I will start with cons

1. Report section - None of report templates available in the SSMC.
We had version 2.3 in which only few report templates are available. As per the HP support recommendation later upgraded to 3.0. Now the issue is no report templates are available.

2. Copy to Report or Copy to Clipboard - This was one of the best option available in IMC where we can copy (Select or all) the contents of table to Clipboard or export as CSV/HTML. But in SSMC this is not available. We cant select more than one object nor we can copy.

I believe IMC is the best. Not sure why HPE is trying to replace with SSMC which is not user friendly.

Thanks.

Regards,
KK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:45 pm 

kk2491 wrote:
1. Report section - None of report templates available in the SSMC.
As the previous post suggests, upgrading to 3.0 from 2.x may cause problems in Performance Reports. A workaround is to install SSMC 3.0 on another server or remove SSMC 2.x and then install SSMC 3.0 rather than upgrade. The SSMC team is aware of the issue and is planning on addressing it in the next version.

kk2491 wrote:
2. Copy to Report or Copy to Clipboard
Understood. The SSMC team knows that exporting data needs to be improved. For now, please try the Excel client which provides a good way to collect performance and configuration data.

kk2491 wrote:
I believe IMC is the best. Not sure why HPE is trying to replace with SSMC which is not user friendly.
SSMC is actually based on IMC and has a bunch of internal improvements that make it more stable so it can run as a service a handle many more arrays. I understand that some people prefer IMC but we're also hearing that a lot of people really like SSMC, especially all of the improvements in 3.0. We're working hard to make SSMC more complete and we appreciate your feedback. Thanks for letting us know what you'd like to see in future versions!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:43 am 

Thanks for the response wbbouldin....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:20 am 

wbbouldin wrote:
As the previous post suggests, upgrading to 3.0 from 2.x may cause problems in Performance Reports. A workaround is to install SSMC 3.0 on another server or remove SSMC 2.x and then install SSMC 3.0 rather than upgrade. The SSMC team is aware of the issue and is planning on addressing it in the next version.

--> We did uninstall the 2.X version and installed 3.0 freshly, but still we are facing issues in report section. Also please let me know when the next version will be released.

Could you please help me in clarifying the above queries.

Regards,
KK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:16 pm 

kk2491 wrote:
--> We did uninstall the 2.X version and installed 3.0 freshly, but still we are facing issues in report section. Also please let me know when the next version will be released.
KK
Okay, we need to figure this out then. I'll PM you and we'll go from there.

Regards,
Brian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:29 am 

Hi, just tried my luck with threshold alerts.

When creating an alert with recurence configured in SSMC, next to "Sampling: Hi-res" SSMC says "Recurrence pattern: Criteria met 2 times in last 2 hourly samples". Where does the "hourly" come from in a hires-alert??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:58 pm 

apol wrote:
Hi, just tried my luck with threshold alerts.

When creating an alert with recurence configured in SSMC, next to "Sampling: Hi-res" SSMC says "Recurrence pattern: Criteria met 2 times in last 2 hourly samples". Where does the "hourly" come from in a hires-alert??

Hello,
Recurrence pattern is applied to the selected sampling resolution. Suppose you have selected "Hi-res" then an alert is generated if "Criteria met X times in last >X Hi-res samples". The text changes dynamically based user selected sampling resolution. Please find attached screen shot.
Regards,
Jolapara

Attachments:
CreateThresholdAlert.jpg
CreateThresholdAlert.jpg [ 57.48 KiB | Viewed 17014 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:52 am 

jolapara, thank you for your answer. The problem is: sampling is still set to hi-res, only recurrence is apparently hourly. When viewing the alert in cli, there's no hint about any hourly-stuff, so it might eventually be a display-problem? The alert is also displayed when doing a

Code:
showsralertcrit -hires

This applies to both alerts created in ssmc and alerts created with cli.

Attachments:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png [ 28.29 KiB | Viewed 17013 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:28 pm 

apol wrote:
jolapara, thank you for your answer. The problem is: sampling is still set to hi-res, only recurrence is apparently hourly. When viewing the alert in cli, there's no hint about any hourly-stuff, so it might eventually be a display-problem? The alert is also displayed when doing a

Code:
showsralertcrit -hires

This applies to both alerts created in ssmc and alerts created with cli.

Hello,
Thanks for the screenshot. Its a display problem in SSMC and a defect.
Regards,
Jolapara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:33 pm 

I really like that SSMC lists the same host connected multiple arrays sequentially in the host list.

I really wish there was an action to use existing host entry to add the host to a new array!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next