HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: SSMC Customer Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:29 am 

Biite wrote:
Is there a way to dump the reporting configuration (and it's schedules) and read it in on another host
Not yet. It's being scoped for a release later this year though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:42 am 

Allright. Probably 3.2 then...

We need sort of a 'software based' configuration replication mechanism between at least 2 SSMC servers.

Martien

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:26 am 

Hi,

got a strange problem in SSMC 3.1:

When in "Settings" the "Default display" ist set to "Expanded", the summary-view for VVs and CPG doesn't work. The other views DO work. Other Parts of SSMC, like Hosts, VV-Sets etc. are not affectet.

Setting "Default Display" to "Compact" works perfectly and is the preferred setting here (no idea why it was set to expanded for my account...), but it's nevertheless strange.

Can anybody of you guys see this as well?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:12 am 

Hi again,

did some more playing around: The summary-view for vvs and cpgs does not work for me, but does work for my colleague. I'll open a case, perhaps it's just a caching- or session-related thing.

Found out that for dedup, 3.1 cannot display dedup-rations for vvs in the left part (vv-list), like Remote Copy it just displays "yes" or "no" instead of the real ratio. For compression, there's a "compression ration"-field displayable, but not for dedup.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:26 am 

apol wrote:
I'll open a case, perhaps it's just a caching- or session-related thing.
Yes, please do so we can get to the bottom of this.

apol wrote:
Found out that for dedup, 3.1 cannot display dedup-rations for vvs in the left part (vv-list), like Remote Copy.
We'll try to get the dedup ratio added to the list of selectable columns in the next release. Good suggestion.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 am 

If you haven't see it already, SSMC 3.1 is now available. Here are some of the new features:
    * Compression (requires 3.3.1)
    * Alerts include detailed recommended actions (requires 3.3.1)
    * As new 3PAR OS and SSMC versions are released, SSMC will show what that new version is and provide a link to the release notes.
    * Overprovisioning ratio with configurable warning and limit
    * Quick host creation using Smart SAN - host WWNs, OS, IP address are filled in automatically
    * Smart SAN auto-zoning
    * 2-factor authentication
    * Scheduled migrations for Federated arrays
    * Online import utility has been integrated into SSMC for legacy 3PAR and IBM XIV arrays
    * Schematic views for StoreServ 20000 models
    * New Systems Capacity Savings detail view with simplified capacity efficiency graphs
    * More detail in Map views
    * Performance enhancements

Thanks for all of your feedback to date! Please continue to let the SSMC team know what you like, what you don't like, and what you'd like to see in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:17 am 

Quote:
apol wrote:
Quote:
Found out that for dedup, 3.1 cannot display dedup-rations for vvs in the left part (vv-list), like Remote Copy.

We'll try to get the dedup ratio added to the list of selectable columns in the next release. Good suggestion.

I think this already was in 3.0, if I remember correctly one could sort vvs for dedup ratio.

Quote:
did some more playing around: The summary-view for vvs and cpgs does not work for me, but does work for my colleague. I'll open a case, perhaps it's just a caching- or session-related thing.

Restored default settings --> everything works. Set density to high --> everything works. Set "Default display" to "Expanded" --> Summary for vvs and cpgs does not work. Funny enough, after restoring defaults in the step before, expanded view for summary seems to include only the same colums as compact view, but nevertheless does not work. Just noticed in this tests what "expanded" really does (got it wrong before) -> I'd really like to use the "expanded" view!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:22 am 

Sorry for bringing this up again, but: Can anybody please confirm that there is really no way to display the dedup ratio for a vv in ssmc 3.1??

I understand that ssmc get's tuned to support the new 3.3.1-code with it's shiny new dedup engine, but - no way at all for the old dedup stuff?? :shock:

If we had known this, we would't have this update installed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:48 am 

apol wrote:
Can anybody please confirm that there is really no way to display the dedup ratio for a vv in ssmc 3.1??
Yes, you're right. I confirmed it is in 3.0 but not in 3.1. The reason is that the 3PAR has changed the way dedup is being reported. We found that customers were confused by the fact that volumes reported that they had a very small ratio. That was because the volume ratio represented the savings *within* the volume, not across volumes. So the per-volume dedup ratio has been removed because you really want to see how the array has deduplicated data across many volumes. The dedup ratio is available in the CPG and the System and they're the better places to track the metric.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:53 am 

What I would like to see - SSMC scrapped.
What I would like to see in the future - the welcome return of IMC development.
When I discuss this product with HPE engineers even they don't like it so why are we having it forced on us.
For such a flagship product SSMC just does not match the product.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next