HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting Infosight preview
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:26 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:43 am 

Thank you cali. Looks nice !

This morning i got this message in Infosight :
Code:
VMVision data has not been received for your assets. Please check either your 3PAR StoreServ Service Processor or Nimble Array configuration to ensure that it can communicate with the vCenter.

Do i need to configure something somewhere in my VSP's or vCenter ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:25 am 

Chris212 wrote:
Thank you cali. Looks nice !
Do i need to configure something somewhere in my VSP's or vCenter ?

Nothing to do in the vCenter, but in the SP.

Here is a preview of a Post I have planed:
https://kickbox.sws.de/url/9b4gtefqqnuhdjww

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 am 

Thank you cali, that is great information !! :)
I had to add HPE RDA Midway Servers and the vcenter IP in our firewalls to get it work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:14 pm 

Just as a FYI, infosight works even on older 3par OSs.

i have it installed on my old 3.1.3 array, and it reports just fine to the website.

from what ive seen the only panes that are not working are the vmware related ones, since my SP is not up to date, also the Advanced performance information does not work, but that appears to be an All-flash functionality.

tbh i do not know if im not seeing everything since i have not seen it working with a newer array

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:19 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:27 am 

Darking wrote:
Just as a FYI, infosight works even on older 3par OSs.

i have it installed on my old 3.1.3 array, and it reports just fine to the website.

from what ive seen the only panes that are not working are the vmware related ones, since my SP is not up to date, also the Advanced performance information does not work, but that appears to be an All-flash functionality.

tbh i do not know if im not seeing everything since i have not seen it working with a newer array

As mentioned before, what we are seeing here are the old HPE StoreFront Remote webpages, which have been around for a couple of years. They just merged them into a single 'infosite' site, so far the only evidence of new content I've seen mentioned is the VMware info and that's the bit that requires the new SP version, which is for 3.3.1 arrays. :roll:

Hopefully by time I feel confident enough to use 3.3.1 in production they'll have matured the merger (although it'll be a struggle for me to convince the VMware guys to open their firewalls ;) ).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:43 am 

ah cool, ive never used the storefront things.

i just pasted the keys into the commentfield on the array and the webpage started getting filled with information after about 40 hours.

it does provide me with estimates on when im running out of space, and advisements on my old old firmware and different old errors ive had in logs, so that is nice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:57 am 

Darking wrote:
ah cool, ive never used the storefront things.

i just pasted the keys into the commentfield on the array and the webpage started getting filled with information after about 40 hours.

it does provide me with estimates on when im running out of space, and advisements on my old old firmware and different old errors ive had in logs, so that is nice.

Yeah it basically hooks into the historical data that the SP has been sending HPE since install and pulls other info that support have access to, handy to have in one place.

I've been doing the running out of space graphing myself for a while, exports from System Reporter and now SSMC into excel. My main gripe about the one on that site is that it displays the installed and used as raw values but displays the allocated to VVs without the raid overhead, so on a different scale and lot lower then reality. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:56 am 

I have configured last week my VSP to integrate with VMware. Status says "OK". It is configured since 5 days and i still do not receive data on infosight. What should i do to get it work ?
Every process activity are green. Where can i see that VSP is correctly collecting VM data ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next