HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Anyone monitoring 3PAR with SCOM?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:23 am 

I'm trying to setup monitoring via SCOM of a 3PAR StoreServ 7200 using HP's storage management pack. I can get the Design view and see the components so that is good but I get nothing in the Events/Alerts view. I've enabled the SNMP trap catcher in Object Discoveries and have added my SCOM server as a management station on the 3PAR and I can trigger an SNMP message from the 3PAR and it's picked up in a test SNMP view in SCOM but none of the real alerts and events are getting populated in SCOM. Is this actually supposed to work?

One thing I'm not sure about is that the 3PAR doesn't appear as a monitored device anywhere in SCOM. If I look at the Discovered Inventory node in SCOM I can't see my 3PAR listed anywhere. I've added it using the HP User Configuration Tool that comes with the management pack and I thought this would add it to SCOM and I would see it listed. Does seem odd that the Design view is working but nothing else. Anyone got this working properly?

Post subject: Re: Anyone monitoring 3PAR with SCOM?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:45 am 

Monitoring Hewlett-Packard Storage Systems (HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200 and MSA P2000 G3) using HP StoreFront Manager for Microsoft (HP Storage Management Pack) for System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager