HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR 7400 controller error
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:40 am 

Ok, you have made some bad decisions and will probably not get far without help from HP at this point. What you could do is to call HP, maybe through a HP certified partner and lay all on the table. Do not try to masquerade anything.

My guess would be that you can buy the support you need right now and make an agreement on purchasing onwards support.

IMO it is irresponsible to run without support in any case

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:33 pm 

Those commands you ran - the only single google hit is this very web page. That should be very clear indicator once you do something like that, you're quite on your own.

Unless these units fell off the back of a truck, I will maintain that you cannot buy them without support and this model has not been out long enough to be at the end of its warranty period.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:58 am 

I wanna re-install the inform OS by my self.
I think if I'll be able re-install the OS my problem will be solve ;)

Last edited by steve_carlose on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:55 am 

You must perform a node rescue. This is usually done from the Service Processor, but I do not know if this is possible in the current state…. My guess would be that it is not possible.

Your boss is an idiot! He wants to race in formula 1, have bought car but refuse to spend money on the support team. Sure, the car will run until it stops and then you are screwed.

The support is integrated and you cannot buy them without warranty, so what shady deal your boss have made I do not know :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:22 am 

where can I perform the node rescue procedure? I think I have to install the the CLI software but how can I install it? now I can't access the OS. I don't have SP I'm working with VSP.

Last edited by steve_carlose on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:10 am 

You have effectively bricked both nodes so it's probably now time to call on your employers business insurance. Even if you were able to resolve this yourselves you've broken pretty much every rule in the book regarding your purchasing agreement, software licensing, support etc. You need to call in HP and work out a plan of action to get you back online and back in support.

BTW I find the idea of these controllers being second hand slightly dubious, they've only been on the market 12 months so I doubt the second hand market is awash with these, even then warranty will transfer with proof of purchase. Why didn't you take the licensing that was registered to these controllers instead of trying to change the serial number ? Afterall these have no residual value for the seller without the controllers of the same serial number. Similarly the most likely route for this kit would be via demo returns or buybacks from Customers , but these are refurbished and resold through HP renew with an identical full 3 year guarantee. The more I think about it, the more your story doesn't stack up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:39 am 

I wanna just re-install the Inform OS ,that's it.

Last edited by steve_carlose on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:05 am 

Quote:
finally if you are looking carefully in the market in east of Asia you can find the second hand node.

Initially HP would have got you back online based on the power failures you described and it would have been extremely difficult for them to prove you were at fault for the failure, even then that's what insurance is for. So why go to all the trouble of trying to source second hand controllers, knowing the likely timescales, technical challenges and that you effectively invalidate any remaining product warranty ? Also even if they were second hand then why no licensing and why was no product warranty transferred as part of the deal ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:19 am 

deleted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:29 am 

cleanur

I think it's not complicated !!!!

Last edited by steve_carlose on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next